The Enfield Food Pantry
September 11th, 2020
The ENFIELD FOOD DISTRIBUTION BELIEVES IN THE POWER OF FOOD.
We are broadening our focus. We continue to be an emergency food source but we are moving from a charity model to one of empowerment and food security. Our vision includes nutrition education to build healthy bodies. Provision of a space, gardening skills and tools for community gardens. A kitchen to teach food preparation and provision of hot meals. Meeting people where they are at.
We strive to avoid the signs, symbols, and procedures that contribute to the stigma often experienced by people attending food programs in charitable organizations, and to positively communicate our respect for all participants through respectful procedures. We invite community involvement. We believe that people are healthiest and happiest when they are making their own choices, meeting their own needs, and contributing to their communities.
We have established an Expansion Fund in order to plan and build a facility to achieve this mission.
STARTING JUNE 2 WE WILL NO LONGER PROVIDE HOME DELIVERY except for clients with a specific medical need. If this applies to you, please call Jean Owens at 607-273-5682 to make arrangements.
WHAT IF I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION? If you have no vehicle and are unable to get a ride to the pantry, contact Gadabout no later then Wednesday at 607-273-1878
PANTRY HOURS: Sundays 11:00-1:00 and Mondays 11:00-1:00
LOCATION: Enfield Community Building, 182 Enfield Main Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
WHO WE SERVE: Primarily residents of the Town of Enfield. But at this time we are waiving any residency requirement and are serving anyone who needs food, to the best of our ability.
HOW TO PICK UP YOUR FOOD:
- Drive up the Fire Department entrance and park in line.
- When the parking attendant directs you forward, park your car.
- When the attendant directs you to do so, leave your vehicle and walk to the pantry entrance.
- When you arrive at the pantry you get a shopping cart, enter the building and be checked in.
- You will move through one marked floor block at a time and will only move onto the next floor block when the client in front of you has vacated that block.
- We are asking you to please move quickly through the pantry as you make your selections to ensure that all clients get an opportunity to pick up food.