The Enfield Food Pantry
WHAT’S NEW? June 9th, 2020
STARTING JUNE 2 WE WILL NO LONGER PROVIDE HOME DELIVERY except for clients with a specific medical need. If this applies to you, please call Jean Owens at 607-273-5682 to make arrangements.
WHAT IF I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION? If you have no vehicle and are unable to get a ride to the pantry, contact Joanna Green at 607-379-9270 NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 8PM.*
PANTRY HOURS: By appointment, Sundays 11:00-1:00 and Mondays 11:00-1:00
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED…
LOCATION: Enfield Community Building, 182 Enfield Main Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
WHO WE SERVE: Primarily residents of the Town of Enfield. But at this time we are waiving any residency requirement and are serving anyone who needs food, to the best of our ability.
HOW IT WORKS: Clients come into the pantry to select your own food items. But YOU STILL NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT for a certain time. To do so, please complete a Food Request each week, either online or by phone through your volunteer. THE DEADLINE FOR YOUR FOOD REQUEST IS STILL 5PM FRIDAY OF EACH WEEK. The Food Request will also give you information on the items that will be available that week.
TO COMPLETE YOUR FOOD REQUEST: We will post the Food Request Form on Tuesday of each week. Go to thefirstbaptistchurchofenfield.com and select the “Food Pantry” link, and then click on “Submit a Food Request.” No internet? No problem! Just call 607-379-9270 no later than noon on Friday. Leave a message and a volunteer will call you back to set up your appointment with you over the phone.
IF YOU MISS THE FOOD REQUEST DEADLINE: Come to the pantry on Sunday or Monday between 12:30 – 1:00 PM.
HOW TO PICK UP YOUR FOOD:
- At your appointment time, drive up the Fire Department entrance and park in line.
- When the parking attendant directs you forward, park your car.
- When the attendant directs you to do so, leave your vehicle and walk to the pantry entrance.
- When you arrive at the pantry you will be checked in according to your time slot and will enter the building and receive a shopping cart.
- You will move through one marked floor block at a time and will only move onto the next floor block when the client in front of you has vacated that block.
- We are asking you to please move quickly through the pantry as you make your selections to ensure that all clients get an opportunity to pick up food.